Maine Car Accident Book from the Attorneys at Fales Law
At Fales & Fales, P.A., we believe that accident victims deserve to have access to as much information as possible in the aftermath of their collision. From insurance issues to how to choose an experienced attorney to represent you, we know that you have many questions about what lies ahead. To help you start to feel comfortable with the process, we have published The Maine Car Accident Book, which is available to download free of charge.
Complete this form for instant access to our Book:
In The Maine Car Accident Book, we provide answers to many of the questions asked by people hiring us to handle their car accident claims. The book is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as providing legal advice. If you would like legal advice about your Maine car accident, we encourage you to call us for a free consultation.
Topics Covered in The Maine Car Accident Book
When you are injured in a car accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, act quickly to protect yourself. Most car accident claims involve recoveries against insurance companies. Occasionally, though, compensation is recovered directly from the responsible parties.
Before you file a lawsuit, there are important factors to consider. In The Maine Car Accident Book, we discuss information you need to protect your claim and make an informed decision about moving forward with your case. The Book discusses:
- The types of losses that can be covered by insurance
- What to do if the driver who hit you does not have auto insurance
- How your auto insurance policy factors into your claim
What Your Case is Worth
- How to calculate the full extent of your losses
- The evidence needed to establish liability
- What it means for your claim if you were partially at fault in the accident
How Not to Wreck Your Case
- Get the medical care you need and follow your doctor’s advice
- Don’t say the wrong thing to the insurance companies
- Hire an experienced attorney
How Liens Can Affect Your Settlement
- Understand what liens are and how they can affect your financial recovery
- Understand the most common liens in auto accident claims
- Understand how settling for too little money can result in lienholders receiving all of your settlement
What Clients Need to Know about Contingency Fees
- What are “contingency fees” and are all contingent fee agreements the same
- How to protect yourself against case-related expenses if you lose your case
- Why Fales & Fales, P.A. does not charge contingency fees on certain insurance payments
How to Choose an Attorney for Your Case
- Beware of deceptive lawyer advertising
- What to look for in an experienced car accident lawyer
- How to research attorneys before choosing one to represent you
Unlike at some law firms, at Fales & Fales, P.A. we encourage our clients to educate themselves before jumping into a car accident lawsuit. We want you to know what you can expect from us, from your claim, and from the process along the way. We hope that you find The Maine Car Accident Book useful, and we invite you to contact us with any additional questions.
Protecting Clients’ Rights and Fighting for Maximum Compensation | Fales & Fales, P.A.
Attorneys Anthony Ferguson and Jennifer Nichols Ferguson are experienced car accident attorneys who have helped hundreds of clients recover millions of dollars in financial compensation. With offices in downtown Lewiston, they represent clients throughout Maine. To learn more about Anthony and Jennifer, or to get started with your car accident claim, schedule your free consultation today.